Legion of the Forsaken
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

March 18 DN's

Go down

March 18 DN's Empty March 18 DN's

Post by kingjessum Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:26 pm

March 18th, 2010

Facebook Security Update!
Let's Put An End To Those Fakes!
A lot of you follow us on Facebook and Twitter, and we are glad that you do! It's an easy way for us to stay in touch with the community and an easy way for us to say No to people who ask for free stuff!

Unfortunately we don't have any control over those 2 social networking sites and we're seeing a lot of fake Artix, Beleen, Rolith and Cysero's pop up on Facebook. These guys are scammers who are trying to con people into handing over their passwords.

Some of you guys are so excited that you ignore the fact that these FAKES are promising you FREE Acs, free Memberships or offering to make you Mods... all all you have to do is give them your password or e-mail. THEY ARE LYING TO YOU.

Handing over your e-mail or password is like giving a robber the keys to your house. AE (Artix Entertainment) Staff members will NEVER ask you for anything other than your character's name. That's all we need.

EVEN IN AQW, if someone asks you for your password for ANY REASON, they are trying to steal your account.

I would like to give you a few links:

•Here is ARTIX's FACEBOOK PAGE. It's got a full 5000 friends last time I checked but you can join ARTIX'S FAN PAGE if you want to! Here is his Artix's Twitter.

•Here is MY FACEBOOK PAGE. It's got a full 5000 friends too but you should join CYSERO's FAN CLUB FAN PAGE! I post the same stuff in both locations, usually. Here is my Twitter.

•Here is ROLITH's FACEBOOK PAGE. He doesn't work on AQW, he's too busy with DF and MQ, but he's fun to follow as long as you've got the real guy! Lots of tasty AE tidbits. Here is Rolith's Twitter.
•BELEEN DOES NOT HAVE A FACEBOOK! If you see a Beleen on Facebook anywhere, even if she's called Beleen AE (Especially if she's called beleen AE), she is a fake and she's trying to steal your account. She does have a Twitter!
Remember that we're pretty busy so we may not get to answer all of your e-mails but we will try.

Remember that if you need help with your account, Player Support is where you should go. Nythera and Zazul are very capable and if you can be helped, they are the people who do it (Thanks guys)!

Remember that anyone can sign up with ANY name and pretend to be ANYONE, so even if someone has AE in their name... it doesn't mean they have anything to do with Artix Entertainment.

Finally, remember that it's NEVER a good idea to give out personal information of any kind to strangers on the internet.

Protect yourselves. We don't want any of you losing your accounts or worse.
kingjessum
kingjessum
*King
*King

Back to top Go down